Resource – Waze Mobile App
This post is the first in what will be a series of posts about mobile Apps that I use and love. I had a hard time choosing which App to share first. I love my IPhone and there are a lot of great Apps that I use.
Today I am going to highlight Waze. This is a mobile navigation app. Sooner or later most of us need navigation assistance. When I was a project manager for a remodeling company, I used this all the time to find new job sites. I know that most smartphones come with a navigation / maps App already on them. But if you haven’t used Waze you have to check it out. It is Free from the App store on your device.
You can also learn more by visiting the Waze Website.
I know everyone is busy so here is a summary of the reasons that I love Waze.
- The App is very easy to use and intuitive. It works the way you think it should
- Real-Time traffic information. Waze is social and gathers information from users. This information helps you know what is happening on the road ahead
- You can “add a stop” into your trip
- The search feature is very good. You can find addresses, businesses, points of interest, etc.
- You can search “along your route” and see how far off of your route a new destination is
- You can search gas prices along your route (once again these are gathered from users)
- You can actually message other drivers to get travel information without giving away your personal information
- The maps are constantly updated by users and therefore are more accurate than other applications
Have you used Waze? What do you like about it?
Leave your thoughts in the comments below
May your end of summer travels be relaxing, fun filled, and may you arrive safely at your destination.
I love this app – especially since it will help re-route you if there is a traffic jam or accident reported ahead of you. It has saved us many hours of waiting in the car with the kids. Love it!