The victory is in the struggle. Mark Twain, said one time that you should “eat a frog for breakfast.” What does that mean? It means, do your least favorite things first. In order to do that you must be willing to do hard things.
[Tweet “Eat a live frog every morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day -Mark Twain”]
So many times, we spend our days looking for the easy way. However, the success is in the challenge. When we are creating something new, building a business, or doing something great, there are no easy shortcuts.
There is no easy cookie-cutter map to follow. If you are going to achieve greatness, then you must learn to do hard things and create your own map.
[Tweet “There is no easy cookie-cutter map to follow”]
In order to do hard things, you must choose. Are you willing to go the difficult route or do you want to focus on what is easy?
Here’s a list of difficult things that I found are critical to my success.
- Taking time to exercise.
- Eating healthy.
- Going to bed early… so I can get up early.
- Taking time to make meaningful connections with people.
- Strategic planning.
- Working on the business not just in the business.
- Removing a disgruntled team member.
- Firing the client the drains your time and resources.
- Asking for help.
- Investing in my own personal development.
- Setting deadlines for projects.
- Turning off the cell phone