Help! What is the Purpose of My Life?
On Wednesday we talked about simple goal-setting. But how do you know what goals to set?
Your goals are driven by your personal vision.
Many people spend a great amount of time and effort on business and corporate visions, but don’t ever develop a personal vision.
I believe God created each of us for a specific purpose. He created us with the passions, skills, and abilities to fulfill that purpose. Looking deep within and discovering how you were made is key to developing a simple personal vision.
[Tweet ” Looking deep within and discovering how you were made is key to developing a simple personal vision.”]
A personal vision is what you desire your life to look like, and the impact you would like to have.
In July of 2014, after reading the book ‘20,000 Days and Counting: The Crash Course For Mastering Your Life Right Now‘ by Robert D. Smith, I sat down and wrote out the following personal vision;
Over the last 7 months, I have seen these things start to become a reality. I am getting ready to take one more step with the launch of the Small Business Revival Podcast.
Now that you know my personal vision, I have a question to ask. What is your personal vision?
Here are 9 questions to help you discover your personal vision:
- What is most important to you?
- What are your hobbies and passions?
- What work or activity gives you energy rather than drains your energy?
- How would you like to be remembered after you’re gone?
- What do people come to you for help with?
- What relationships are most important to you?
- What skills and experience do you have?
- What kind of lifestyle do you want?
- What is your personality type?
Take some time out of your busy day to sit in quiet and write out your personal vision. When you do, you’ll find greater clarity and purpose for your life. More than you ever imagined.
I know you will do great things.
What is your favorite hobby?
Share your thoughts in the comments