02: The Power of a Soul on Fire w/ Kary Oberbrunner
Today’s Guest is Kary Oberbrunner the author of the book Day Job to Dream Job: Practical Steps for Turning Your Passion into a Full-Time Gig. He left his day job to pursue his dream job—Igniting Souls. Through his writing, speaking, and coaching, he helps individuals and organizations clarify who they are, why they are here, and where they should invest their time and energy. He is the founder of Redeem the Day, which serves the business community, and Igniting Souls, which serves the non-profit community. The author of several books, Kary also serves as a founding partner on the John Maxwell Team. He and his wife Kelly are blessed with 3 amazing children.
- Our personal struggles do not define us. We can break free from those struggles and move into our destiny.
- We need people in lives who will push us hard if we want to be successful. We need “truth tellers.”
- Business fail because they are focused on themselves instead of making it all about the client.
- Time, Team and Tools are key to breaking out of your Day Job so that you can move into your Dream Job.
- You can’t sustain a high performing business or life if your body can’t handle the work load. Personal and Physical health is important.
- Confusion repels, clarity attracts.
- Market before you Manufacture
- Get to know someone first before hiring them. Learn how they handle projects and different situations.
- “A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation. He simply pursues his vision of excellence and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself he always appears to be doing both.” ~ L. P. Jacks
[Tweet “”When you want to be liked, people are not going to hire you” @karyoberbrunner”]
[Tweet “”I don’t sell people, I serve people” @karyoberbrunner”]
[Tweet “”Confusion repels, Clarity attracts.” @karyoberbrunner”]
[Tweet “”Market before you manufacture.” @karyoberbrunner”]
- Day Job to Dream Job Bootcamp
- Igniting Souls Assessment
- Blue Host Web-Hosting
- Small Business Manifesto
- Chet Scott – www.builttolead.com
- The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #Join the Ride
by Darren Hardy
Complete show notes with clickable links at www.BrianMininger.com/SBR02