Today’s guest is Lynne Breeden of LTD 7 from Staunton, VA.
“Lynne Breeden’s Stunton, Va., based store has the feel of a well-executed painting brought to life by the hard work and experience of a creative visionary. Breeden opened LTD 7 on May 30, 2013, but indeed her retail history is storied and reaches back into her college days, working retail for the likes of The Limited, Lord and Taylor, and Casual Corner.
Although Breeden briefly tried her hand at banking, she soon returned to retail, helping other stores run their businesses and honing her skills in the process. In 2002 Breeden launched her first store, which specialized in dance apparel and gifts.
By 2008 she sold the store, which had gone through significant change in that time, and became a consultant for retailers seeking to enter the industry. But Breeden proved she couldn’t stay away from first-hand experience for too long as a self-describe “retail junkie” when she opened her latest and greatest concept in early 2013 to “live the dream,” as LTD stands for (“7” is a reference to the Breedens’ faith, as well as number of vendors they represent).”
- When you start your business, to you as an owner it means the world to you. But to the world your a speck. They don’t know your there. So you must constantly remind them that your there. Make yourself known.
- Social Media has a great influence in this day and age.
- Consistency of Social Media. You have to be consistent.
- Give your customers something of value. Such as a Relationship.
- “You’ve got to give to get”
- “Do what you do so well that they’ll want you to do it again and bring their friends.” ~ Walt Disney
- [Tweet “Social Media has a great influence in this day and age. @shopltd7”]
- [Tweet “”You’ve got to give to get” @shopltd7″]
- [Tweet “”Do what you do so well that they’ll want you to do it again and bring their friends.” ~ Walt Disney @shopltd7″]
- The Solomon Effect
- Upcoming LTD 7 Event – April 25 @LTD 7 in Downtown Staunton Email for more information
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea – Bob Burg
- LTD 7 Site
For complete show notes and clickable links go to www.BrianMininger.com/SBR21