36: Employing the Unemployable w/ John Rush
Today’s Guest is John Rush, CEO of Cleanturn.
“John is a social entrepreneur with a distinct focus on leveraging business as means for creating training and employment opportunities for individuals with significant obstacles to employment, including prior incarceration.
After serving as a Sergeant in the US Marine Corps, John focused his career on empowering those impacted by poverty and incarceration. John served as Managing Director of nationally recognized Cleanslate and President of 180 Properties in Chicago. In 2011, John partnered with several socially conscious investors to launch CleanTurn, a social enterprise that has leveraged its business to provide nearly 300 training and employment opportunities for men and women returning from incarceration in its first three years. CleanTurn was awarded the 2012 Honda Empowerment Award by the Columbus Urban League and has been recognized by Mayor Coleman’s Restoration Academy in Columbus Ohio as the first private company partner for hiring Restoration Academy participants. John has been awarded Columbus’ BusinessFirst’s Forty Under 40 Award highlighting his work as a social entrepreneur in Central Ohio.
John is married with eight children and currently resides on the southwest side of Columbus.”
- You have to be smart and work hard, but you also have to enjoy the risk.
- Make it more about the challenge and the opportunity, not about whether it’s going to work or not.
- Managing your family and your business requires a lot of discipline and time management.
- “The political and economic are always at the service of the social.”
- [Tweet “Make it more about the challenge and the opportunity, not about whether it’s going to work or not. @john_c_rush”]
- [Tweet “You have to be smart and work hard, but you also have to enjoy the risk. @john_c_rush”]
- [Tweet “”The political and economic are always at the service of the social.” @john_c_rush”]
- John Rush on LinkedIN
- Spark from Advocare
- Slam from Advocare
- The Brand You Podcast – Mike Kim
- Elevating Beyond – Dayne Gingerich and Mike Minard
- Fatherhood is Leadership – Devon Bandison
- Mantastic Voyage – Bryan Orr
For complete show notes and clickable links go to www.BrianMininger.com/SBR35