https://i0.wp.com/brianmininger.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/04/EP.37.jpg?fit=1927%2C1063&ssl=1 1063 1927 Brian Mininger Brian Mininger2015-04-17 07:00:202021-11-03 18:18:3037: Town Hall – 4 Easy, Low Cost Ways to Start a Business
37: Town Hall – 4 Easy, Low Cost Ways to Start a Business
“As workers who tend a fig tree are allowed to eat the fruit, so workers who protect their employer’s interests will be rewarded.” ~ Proverbs 27:18
Why everyone should have a part-time business?
Small Businesses make a massive impact on the community around us.
Trend toward freelancers / independent contractors is increasing.
If you see your employer as someone who exists to serve you, you will see your value to your employer decline. Employers allow to pay for results, not time.
“The number of contingent employees will increase worldwide or independent contraactors in the US alone contingent workers will exceed 40% of the work force by 2020…traditional full time, full benefit jobs will be harder to find… small businesses will develop their own collaborative network of contingent workers, minimizing fixed labor costs and expanding the available talent pool…Self employment, personal and micro business numbers will increase as a result of this…government will misclassify workers creating a major issue for companies of all sizes and work classification and work style will emerge as a target of intense political debate.”
Skills you will need:
- Understand how to manage your finances and your resources.
- How to take care of clients.
- How to find new business.
- How to manage your own time, energy, and yourself.
4 Easy Ways to Start a Part-Time Business
- Freelance service work
- Teach a class (Online or Offline)
- Join a Direct Sales Organization
- Make Handcrafted Items
Starting a business does not have to be a massive undertaking when you start out.
“Working for one company and expecting that that is going to be your total career is putting all your eggs in one basket.”
Take the plunge. Start something today, even if it’s small.
- [Tweet “If you see your employer as someone who exists to serve you, you will see your value to your employer decline.”]
- [Tweet “Starting a business does not have to be a massive undertaking when you start out.”]
- [Tweet “Take the plunge. Start something today, even if it’s small.”]
- [Tweet “”Working for one company and expecting that that is going to be your total career is putting all your eggs in one basket.””]
For complete show notes and clickable links go to www.BrianMininger.com/SBR37
Hey Brian! My wife has started a business with Young Living Essential Oils and she loves it! Thanks for this episode.
Chad, that’s cool my wife is doing the same thing and we are both working on the Advocare distributor project. These are both companies that make products we use in our household.