I know you want your life to count and make an impact for the Kingdom of God!
Therefore, how you use your time matters. We all have the same amount of time in every day. Over the course of our lives, we don’t know exactly how much time we will have, and once we waste our time it is gone…
Daily we face the competing demands of those who would like to dictate how we spend our time… we try to balance all the things we want to do with our time… and we find ourselves spending time on things that do not really matter.
When we think about this struggle we inevitably come to the subject of time management. For years I thought I could manage time. I read books on this subject, I worked on my schedule… and yet I was still frustrated.
Then, I read a book that changed my thinking on this subject completely, “The Power of Full Engagement.” This book challenged me to think about how I was managing my energy not my time. You see, the legacy we leave and the impact we make with our lives is a result of the significant actions that we take.
[Tweet “Our legacy is the result of the significant actions that we take.”]
These significant actions are a result of being fully engaged with a high level of energy. Then… and only then do we take actions that get results. Trying to maximize every minute of the day without being mindful of our energy levels is a dead end game. We just wear ourselves out and then we are not productive… we are just busy.
“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.” – Solomon (Prov. 17:22)
Here are 5 Ways to keep Your Energy Level High
- Fully Engage & Fully Disengage – Every elite athlete has times of intense exertion and times of complete rest. We are only able to achieve this if we engage and disengage. Therefore, focus on the people or task in front of you. Eliminate distractions, and be “all in!”
- Exercise – Our mental energy for the work that we do is closely tied to the physical energy of our body. So often, rather than taking care of our body, we abuse it. Exercise, not only strengthens our body, but it allows us to think and clear our heads. For me, exercise is like a mental “reset” button. If I am getting discouraged or mentally struggling, Exercise is the quickest way to bring my mind back to a good place.
- Feed Your Mind – Numerous studies have shown that we are not getting proper nutrition from our diets, even if we eat healthy food. Through year of mass food production, the nutrients in the soil have been depleted and with it the nutrition content of our fruits and vegetables. Therefore, we need to supplement our diet with nutrition. I specifically supplement my diet with nutrition designed to give me energy and mental focus. This has been life transforming for me. I can now work through the afternoon without a mental crash. You can learn more about the products I use by clicking here.
- Enjoy Life – Many times in our pursuit of our goals we forget to enjoy life. Solomon said repeatedly in the book of Ecclesiastes that our toil (work) is meaningless unless we receive the gift of God to enjoy it. When we enjoy our lives, we gain energy. I have activities in my life that “energize me” even though they are hard work. I know you have the same types of activities in your life. Make sure they are a regular part of your life.
- Create Margin – Nothing is designed to operate long term at max capacity. Whether it is your vehicle engine, stereo speakers, or the hard drive on your computer… these things will fail if they are operated long term at max capacity. So why do we think we can max out our lives and not fail under the pressure? Start creating space. Don’t book your day full. Practice the Sabbath. Take time off to rest. It is time to simplify and create margin in our lives.
The journey to freedom from the time management “rat race” begins with a mindset and focus shift. From there we move into the hard work of changing our habits. Don’t get discouraged, you can do this. You will fall back, but keep moving forward.
You now have a choice… What are you going to do with what you have learned? You can stay on the same frustrating track of trying to manage your time or you can take action to increase your energy. I want to help you take action and change your life. Therefore, I have included a short list of resources to help you maintain a high level of energy in your life.
- “The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy not Time is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal.” – Jim Loehr & Tony Schwartz
- AdvoCare Spark® is a unique multi-nutrient system that was developed as a nutritional source of energy and enhanced mental focus. It’s a sugar-free with more than 20 vitamins, minerals and nutrients that work synergistically to provide a healthy, balanced and effective source of energy that won’t overburden or over stimulate your body. This amazing product serves as an all-in-one solution that gives you a quick boost of energy that lasts for hours. (From the Advocare Website)
- AdvoCare Slam® is a powerful, portable energy supplement in a tiny, two-ounce bottle. Its unique combination of energy-producing nutrients and support for neural processes makes it a perfect fit for the person on the go. Portions are easy to control with Slam, so you can drink the whole bottle or half if you prefer. It’s also quick and easy to consume in five amazing flavors. Slam is the perfect choice when quick, convenient results and sustained energy are a must. And unlike many other energy supplements you may find at retail stores, Slam actually tastes great! (From the Advocare Website)
- The Book of Ecclesiastes by Solomon. This book of the Bible is the wisdom and reflections on life of Solomon. Solomon was one of the wealthiest men to every live. His wisdom and influence was known far and wide, and he was sought out as a consultant by other kings and queens.
- The Simplified Life. Our lives are increasingly becoming more complicated and full everyday. It takes intentional focus to simplify our lives and focus on what really matters