Are you an entrepreneur who wants to grow your business and grow your impact, but struggles with how to do that in a God honoring way? I know how that feels. And I can assure you…
- If you desire to increase your income and grow a successful business…
- If you are a follower of Jesus and believe that entrepreneurship is “Kingdom business”….
- If you are struggling to get your business under control and balance business success with personal success…
- And especially if you want to increase your available time and money so that you can have a more significant impact on the world…
…then you are in the right place and this site is for you.
5 Ways I Can Help You
Since you are reading the “about” page, you are probably new here. I believe in starting a new relationship through generous giving. That is why I give away a lot of free, useful content. Here are the most popular ways that I can help you, all of which are 100% free.
- Read the Posts on this Site. I have written many different articles on all aspects of starting, running and growing a Biblical based business. All of these articles are available absolutely free. You can see some of my top blog posts below.
- Book me as a Speaker. I love to encourage other Christian Entrepreneurs. Whether you need a speaker for your conference or your men’s group at Church, I am available to bring practical application of Biblical principles to the Entrepreneurship journey.
- Listen to the “Small Business Revival Podcast“. I produced this show from January to June 2015 and it includes interviews, teaching, discussions, and training to help you achieve your goals in business and life.
- Subscribe to My Email List. I give my best content, resources, free stuff, and special offers to those on my email list. To make sure that you don’t miss any of the new FREE resources as they are published, subscribe today.
Here are some of my top posts from this past year
- Tips for New Business Owners (What I with someone had told me)
- The Faith in the Workplase Struggle
- God is and Entrepreneur
- Break This Habit and Transform Your Life
- 6 Keys to Growing Your Business AND Your Marriage
- 3 Gifts Everyone Needs (They Don’t Cost any Money)
- Do You Practice Competition or Collaboration
My Story (Maybe Your Have Been Here too)
I am a former local church pastor a life long Entrepreneur. My business journey began as the President and founder of Home Innovations, a Design/Build remodeling firm based in Fishersville, Virginia. We provided design, construction, and fine furnishing services for the home. Beginning in 2010, I pastored a new Heartlink Network church plant in Nelson Co. Virginia called Riverbank.
For years my career and work has centered around construction. I have always enjoyed working with my hands, but honestly I found my way to construction by default. I had spent time in summer jobs (that paid better than fast food), church youth group mission projects, and one year serving with Habitat for Humanity, and family projects and learned some skills. So when I got married, and I needed to provide for our family, I naturally went into construction because it was the only marketable skill that I had. Through the years I moved from general laborer, to carpenter, and then from foreman to contractor / business owner.
But life has not always been filled with success. In 2009, the business that I had founded and ran, Home Innovations, failed in bankruptcy. It was one of the most difficult seasons of my life. There were a lot of reasons for what happened, some outside of my control. But, I was the one leading. I was the one “at the helm when the ship went down.” I was embarrassed, felt like a failure, and felt like I had let everybody down. The affects were far reaching, hurting my employees, suppliers, friends and family. For month’s I struggled with feelings of failure, worthlessness, and hopelessness. Over the next few years I went through the slow process of healing and rebuilding my career and life. Therefore, I have a special place in my heart for those who are trying to get back on their feet after a crisis event. I know first hand how difficult those seasons of life can be.
Ever since I was young, I have sensed a call to pastor and help people. I studied pastoral ministry at Liberty University and then received my Biblical Studies Certificate from Cornerstone Bible Institute. My wife and I spent a few years in youth ministry until our twins were born and we shifted our focus to our young family. In 2008 we started sensing a call to pastoral ministry again and began the process of relocating our family to Nelson County, VA. Over the next 5 years we gave leadership to the establishment of the Riverbank church. During this time, I also worked bi-vocationally as the Production Department Manager for Integrity Home Contracting in Charlottesville, VA.
In 2013-14 God led me on a journey to personal and relational health that resulted in me resigning from both Integrity Home Contracting and the Riverbank church. During this season I worked as independent construction manager and business consultant for construction companies. I also took this time to rest, spend time with my family, and discern my direction and God given destiny.
As a result of this journey, God has led me to bring my passion for ministry and business together. For years I wrestled with whether or not I was supposed to be in business or ministry. I thought the solution to that was bi-vocational ministry. I know that works great for some people, but for me, I just felt pulled in too many directions and I eventually burned out. I launched this blog in 2014 as the first step of encouraging ordinary people to fulfill their destinies through Biblical Entrepreneurship.
Then, in 2015 God opened the door for me to join Christian Entrepreneur Greg Dickerson at Cville Real Estate & Construction as the President & Corporate Pastor. Over the last year we have grown the company 10 fold and I am excited about how God is working through us to bring Biblical principles to the construction industry here in the State of Virginia.
About me Personally
I met my beautiful bride, Victoria Mininger, during high school. We are both pretty strong willed and had to “chill out” a little before we started dating after high school. We were married shortly after in 1996. We have four amazing daughters (Twins in the middle). They are teenagers and learning to spread their wings. I love this season of family life.
I enjoy working with my hands, being outdoors, carpentry projects, gardening and homesteading. I believe in simple sustainable living and taking care of the wonderful earth that has been entrusted to us.
I love sports and cheering on my favorite teams…. the Atlanta Braves, Liberty Flames Football, and UVA Cavaliers basketball.
And finally, after all these years in construction, I still like my pick-up truck and power tools. And, I am most comfortable in my jeans and a baseball cap!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!