Today’s Guest is Chris Graham of Augusta Free Press who is an online and offline news publisher and reporter. Chris Graham will mark his 20th year in the media industry in 2015. An award-winning journalist and editor, Chris has also hosted local TV news programs, a syndicated sports talk show and served as the play-by-play announcer for a two-time championship winning summer college baseball team.
A 1994 graduate of the University of Virginia, Chris is currently the editor of AugustaFreePress.com, a daily news source based in Waynesboro, Va., that provides readers with in-depth coverage of news, sports, politics and culture in Virginia.
- Make sure to set your mind on the work that is before you. Discipline yourself so that you don’t get side tracked and accomplish what needs to get done.
- Be intentional about getting up and moving around every once in a while. Getting exercise helps you have more energy to go about your day.
- Make sure you are on top of your business. Know what is going on in your field, what others are doing, and not being afraid to borrow good ideas.
- After losing over 100lbs Chris has more sustained energy throughout the day.
- Make connections and then let them flourish. Get to know others. Those relationships may then turn into business relationships.
- Key Tools: Create a time schedule and set small goals for the day. Also, set aside time to work on personal projects. Those projects could lead to future business opportunities.
[Tweet “”Pay attention to the world around you.”@AugFreePress @chrisgrahmAFP”]
[Tweet “”Make connections and then let them flourish.” @AugFreePress @chrisgrahamAFP”]
[Tweet “”Don’t do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.” @AugFreePress @chrisgrahamAFP”]
- Online Training – Networking With Purpose
- Self Publishing Success Academy
- Mad About U: Four Decades of Basketball at University Hall
- Outliers: The Story of Success – Malcolm Gladwell
Today we are participating in the Simply Inpired Link-up Party @ www.SimplifiedLife.net and www.RedemptionDiary.com. Visit there for more inspiring stories.
Complete show notes with clickable links at www.BrianMininger.com/SBR02